More: Low Radiation Cell Phones
Samsung Focus SAR Rating:
*Maximum radiation: 0.75 W/kg
[based on all reported radiation levels]
Specific Absorption Rates (SAR)
The Specific Absorption Rates (SAR) is a measure of how much radiation is absorbed by the body when the phone is sending a signal to the network. The FCC limit for public exposure from cellular telephones is an SAR level of 1.6 watts per kilogram (1.6 W/kg).
SAR when held at the ear 0.55W/kg
SAR when worn on the body 0.75W/kg
Samsung Focus Windows Phone [AT&T]
It’s easy to get moving with both business and fun when you’ve got the Samsung Focus, one of the world’s first smartphones using the Windows Phone 7 operating system. Use the ultra-thin 4-inch Super-AMOLED screen to view and edit your Office documents, or to experience movies and pictures with stunning clarity and richness. And type easier and faster with the full, large touchscreen. The Focus also includes integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) for access to home, corporate, and hotspot networks. And it includes free access to AT&T’s entire national Wi-Fi network.
Enabled for use on AT&T’s lightning quick HSPA 3G network, you’ll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music, and more. Additionally, with AT&T’s 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail, or viewing Web pages. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions as well as its Video Share service, which enables you to send video of yourself to another compatible phone while making a voice call.
It’s powered by a blazing-fast Qualcomm 1 GHz Snapdragon processor for a fast mobile data experience. The Samsung Focus has 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded via optional microSD memory cards up to 32 GB in size. It also sports a 5-megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash and HD 720p video recording, Bluetooth for hands-free devices, and stereo music streaming, an FM radio, and up to 6.5 hours of talk time.
- Ultra-thin 3G-enabled Windows Phone 7 smartphone with 4-inch Super-Amoled touchscreen
- Windows Phone 7 OS provides easy access to social networking, personal/corporate e-mail, office apps, Xbox LIVE games, streaming media, and more
- 5-megapixel camera with HD 720p video capture;8 GB internal memory;microSD memory expansion;Wireless-N Wi-Fi;Bluetooth stereo music;GPS for navigation
- Up to 6.5 hours of talk time, up to 300 hours (12.5 days) of standby time; released in November, 2010
- What’s in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, stereo headset, quick start guide