More: Low Radiation Cell Phones
Samsung Galaxy S 4G SAR Rating:
*Maximum radiation: 1.23 W/kg
[based on all reported radiation levels]
Specific Absorption Rates (SAR)
The Specific Absorption Rates (SAR) is a measure of how much radiation is absorbed by the body when the phone is sending a signal to the network. The FCC limit for public exposure from cellular telephones is an SAR level of 1.6 watts per kilogram (1.6 W/kg).
SAR when held at the ear 0.90W/kg
SAR when worn on the body 1.23W/kg
Samsung Galaxy S 4G Android Phone [T-Mobile]
T-Mobile’s first smartphone capable of delivering theoretical peak download speeds of up to 21 Mbps, the Samsung Vibrant 4G Galaxy S smartphone also offers unparalleled entertainment including mobile HDTV through T-Mobile TV, the Oscar-nominated film Inception, and T-Mobile Video Chat powered by Qik. The Android-powered Vibrant 4G provides a wealth of Google services and support for Adobe Flash, plus direct access to the Android Market for discovering a wide range of fun and powerful apps.
Optimized for watching videos on the go as well as game play, the Vibrant 4G offers a 1 GHz Samsung Hummingbird processor and 4-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen display for a bright, vivid viewing experience. It’s equipped with a 5-megapixel camera with digital zoom and autofocus, and it also captures HD video. Additionally, the Vibrant 4G includes a front-facing camera for video chats over the 4G network and Wi-Fi connections.
This phone is specifically designed for T-Mobile’s 4G HSPA+ mobile broadband network, which currently covers over 100 major metropolitan areas across the U.S. (read more about HSPA+ below). The Vibrant 4G also offers Wi-Fi networking as well as the ability to share its 3G/4G Internet connection with other laptops and other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
You get a 1 GB internal memory that’s complemented by an included 16 GB microSD memory card, and you can upgrade to optional 32 GB microSD cards for even more memory. Other features include ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, GPS for location-based services and navigation via Google Maps, access to personal and corporate e-mail, and up to 6.5 hours of talk time.
- Ultra-fast 4G-enabled, Android 2.2-powered smartphone with 4-inch AMOLED touchscreen display and 1 GHz processor
- Enabled for T-Mobile’s ultra-fast 4G HSPA+ network with theoretical peak download speeds of up to 21 Mbps
- 5-MP camera; HD 720p camcorder; front-facing video chat camera; Bluetooth 3.0 stereo music; 16 GB memory microSD card; corporate and personal e-mail
- Up to 6.5 hours of talk time, up to 432 hours (18 days) of standby time; released in February, 2011
- What’s in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 16 GB microSD card, USB cable, wired stereo headset, quick start guide